You could spend a whole weekend walking around Montjuïc and not see everything there is to see. Of course there are the museums, the Olympic stadium and swimming pool, Montjuïc castle and the frankly underwhelming Poble Espanyol. But there are also a number of individual parks within Montjuïc itself that are all worth a visit. One that is tucked away on the eastern side facing the sea is the Jardins de Mossèn Costa i Llobera, named after the 19th century Catalan poet, Miguel Costa i Llobera, it is also known as the Cactus Park. This garden of succulents and semi-tropical plants perched on the steep side of Montjuïc below the Hotel Miramar, is a perfect place to escape the city, although you do get a certain degree of noise from the port and Ronda del Litoral below. Read the rest of this article…
Updates via Email or RSS
Join others interested in Barcelona and be notified of new articles either by adding our RSS feed or by filling in your email address below.
Check out the H2BCN Bookshop for lots of fantastic books about Barcelona and Catalonia. There's cook books, novels, collected short stories, historical fiction, and of course, books on the mighty Barça.
10 Most Viewed Articles
- Kitchen Shops in Barcelona
- Barcelona Immigration Statistics
- The National Day of Catalonia (La Diada...
- Valentine's Day? Nah, let's stick with St....
- Top 5 Nightclubs in Barcelona
- Think you know all the Best Burgers in...
- There's a large cat. In the Raval.
- Books About Barcelona & Catalonia
- Learn Catalan in Barcelona
- What currency would an independent Catalonia...
- Good point Sara. I didn't write the article, only reproduced it. But I have amended th [...]
by Rob (H2BCN) on 'A Network of Liberated Spaces: Visiting Barcelona’s Squats'
- What exactly is a "national flag" for an area with no state structure?Le Estelada [...]
by Sara Høyrup on 'A Network of Liberated Spaces: Visiting Barcelona’s Squats'
- […] Margaux’s “Perfect Day in Barcelona” story on […] [...]
by Interview: Margaux from Mosaic Flowers (Barcelona) Will Make Your Heart Smile - Driftwood Journals on 'Margaux’s Perfect Day in Barcelona'
- As remote jobs become more and more common, the pay has been increasing as well. It's [...]
by Jessica on 'The Rise of Digital Nomads in Barcelona'
- Hey, awesome post! Being a digital nomad gives people a lot of opportunities. What are [...]
by Ranch Office on 'The Rise of Digital Nomads in Barcelona'
- Appetite & Other Stories
- Barcelona Besotted
- Barcelona Blonde
- Barcelona Explorers
- Barcelona Navigator
- Barcelona Photoblog
- Barcelona Street Scraps
- Driftwood Journals
- Food Barcelona
- Foodie in Barcelona
- Las Calles de Barcelona
- Latitude 41
- Thoughts of an Outsider in BCN
- Where The Locals Go To Barcelona
- AngloINFO Barcelona
- Barcelona Life
- Barcelona Metropolitan
- BCN MES
- Miniguide Barcelona
- Spotted By Locals: Barcelona