You could spend a whole weekend walking around Montjuïc and not see everything there is to see. Of course there are the museums, the Olympic stadium and swimming pool, Montjuïc castle and the frankly underwhelming Poble Espanyol. But there are also a number of individual parks within Montjuïc itself that are all worth a visit. One that is tucked away on the eastern side facing the sea is the Jardins de Mossèn Costa i Llobera, named after the 19th century Catalan poet, Miguel Costa i Llobera, it is also known as the Cactus Park. This garden of succulents and semi-tropical plants perched on the steep side of Montjuïc below the Hotel Miramar, is a perfect place to escape the city, although you do get a certain degree of noise from the port and Ronda del Litoral below. Read the rest of this article…
- By Rob (H2BCN)
- 3 com
- Filed in: Out & About
Updates via Email or RSS
Join others interested in Barcelona and be notified of new articles either by adding our RSS feed or by filling in your email address below.
Check out the H2BCN Bookshop for lots of fantastic books about Barcelona and Catalonia. There's cook books, novels, collected short stories, historical fiction, and of course, books on the mighty Barça.
- Recent Comments
- Hi Alicia. Sorry for the late reply. Contacting them through the FB group was the thin [...]
by Rob (H2BCN) on 'Help the Homeless in Barcelona with Esperança'
- Thank you for your comments, Christian. Not only our cities change, but we evolve as w [...]
by Isidra Mencos on 'Isidra’s Perfect Day in Barcelona'
- So fascinating to see your variated take on visiting Barcelona! From the time you were [...]
by Christian Steinsworth on 'Isidra’s Perfect Day in Barcelona'
- Hola I hope you are well!I am interested in volunteering with your organization es [...]
by Alicia on 'Help the Homeless in Barcelona with Esperança'
- Yes ! They get a book AND a rose, I love reading and if someone gave me a book , id th [...]
by cydney on 'Valentine's Day? Nah, let's stick with St. George's Day'
- Appetite & Other Stories
- Barcelona Besotted
- Barcelona Blonde
- Barcelona Explorers
- Barcelona Navigator
- Barcelona Photoblog
- Barcelona Street Scraps
- Driftwood Journals
- Food Barcelona
- Foodie in Barcelona
- Las Calles de Barcelona
- Latitude 41
- Sense of the City
- Thoughts of an Outsider in BCN
- Where The Locals Go To Barcelona
- AngloINFO Barcelona
- Barcelona Life
- Barcelona Metropolitan
- BCN MES
- Miniguide Barcelona
- Spotted By Locals: Barcelona