When I arrived in Barcelona I wanted to learn as much as I could about the city, the region of Catalonia, and its history.
I had read George Orwell’s Homage to Catalonia. The title of that book had inspired this blog. But I soon found there were many other fantastic books out there about Catalonia and the city of Barcelona.
Why not add one of these fascinating books to your reading list. They are some of the best books about Barcelona and Catalonia.
- Homage To Catalonia by George Orwell
- Homage To Barcelona by Colm Tóibín
- Barcelona, Catalonia: A View From The Inside by Matthew Tree
- …From Barcelona – Stories Behind The City: Volume 1 by Jeremy Holland
- Going Native In Catalonia by Simon Harris
- Catalonia: A Cultural History by Michael Eaude
- What Catalans Want by Toni Strubell
- Catalan Cuisine: Europe’s Last Great Culinary Secret by Colman Andrews
- The Barcelona Journal Murders: The Trials and Tribulations of a Photographer in 1906 by Jonathan Coan Daifuku
- A Woman Unknown by Lucia Graves
- Cathedral Of The Sea by Ildefonso Falcones
- The Shadow Of The Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón