When I was young and I lived in Barcelona, my perfect day would have been very different than what a perfect day in the city is for me today. At the time, you couldn’t get me out of Las Ramblas, el Raval, el Barri Gótic and El Born. I had spent my childhood and teen years between Tibidabo and Sarrià. As soon as I started Uni and I discovered the old city I fell in love with it. I moved there, living in various areas, all below Plaza Catalunya. That was the time when the Francoist dictatorship had just ended, and the streets were popping with newly liberated youth going crazy with hedonism and experimentation after having grown up repressed religiously, linguistically, politically, and sexually. Read the rest of this article…
Updates via Email or RSS
Join others interested in Barcelona and be notified of new articles either by adding our RSS feed or by filling in your email address below.
Check out the H2BCN Bookshop for lots of fantastic books about Barcelona and Catalonia. There's cook books, novels, collected short stories, historical fiction, and of course, books on the mighty Barça.
- Hi Alicia. Sorry for the late reply. Contacting them through the FB group was the thin [...]
by Rob (H2BCN) on 'Help the Homeless in Barcelona with Esperança'
- Thank you for your comments, Christian. Not only our cities change, but we evolve as w [...]
by Isidra Mencos on 'Isidra’s Perfect Day in Barcelona'
- So fascinating to see your variated take on visiting Barcelona! From the time you were [...]
by Christian Steinsworth on 'Isidra’s Perfect Day in Barcelona'
- Hola I hope you are well!I am interested in volunteering with your organization es [...]
by Alicia on 'Help the Homeless in Barcelona with Esperança'
- Yes ! They get a book AND a rose, I love reading and if someone gave me a book , id th [...]
by cydney on 'Valentine's Day? Nah, let's stick with St. George's Day'
- Appetite & Other Stories
- Barcelona Besotted
- Barcelona Blonde
- Barcelona Explorers
- Barcelona Navigator
- Barcelona Photoblog
- Barcelona Street Scraps
- Driftwood Journals
- Food Barcelona
- Foodie in Barcelona
- Las Calles de Barcelona
- Latitude 41
- Sense of the City
- Thoughts of an Outsider in BCN
- Where The Locals Go To Barcelona
- AngloINFO Barcelona
- Barcelona Life
- Barcelona Metropolitan
- BCN MES
- Miniguide Barcelona
- Spotted By Locals: Barcelona