If you happen to have been caught up in the Barcelona magic like me, it’s not just one special day but almost every day that feels like a dream in our beautiful city.
Now, I’m a farm girl from Africa where I grew up with nothing but peace, quiet, nature and animals around me. After 18 years living this way, it takes a very special city to capture my attention for longer than a week.
I can safely say that a day in Barcelona will make your soul feel fulfilled, leave a huge smile on your face and your heart incredibly happy. Read the rest of this article…
Facebook Pages are a great way to keep up to date with what’s happening at your favourite places without going to their website all the time. Events, offers, photos. Just ‘like’ the page and their latest news appears in your news feed. If they keep their pages up to date that is!
Below is a list of Facebook Pages (and a few Groups) relating to Barcelona. I realise there are hundreds out there. But these are the ones I’ve come across during my time here (and some friends pages). I hope you find something of interest.
- Barcelona Metropolitan – The mummy and daddy of Barcelona Guides. It has articles on all sorts of topics. Great restaurant posts from the annoying (only because she has such a fab job) Tara Stevens.
- Barcelona Miniguide – The slightly wayward child of Barcelona Guides. So therefore my preferred guide.
- Hidden Treasures BCN – A Facebook only endeavour. It’s all in the title.
- Le Cool Barcelona – Want to know what’s really going on in Barcelona? Le Cool has the low-down on some of the quirkier events.
- Me Encanta Barcelona – I love Barcelona too!
- Videos from Barcelona – A video only city guide. The 80 or more videos are hosted by the irrepressible Gina Tost.
Check out more Facebook Pages for the arts, music, bars, food and… a butifarra private members club?!… Read the rest of this article…
My friends at Beach Fit Barcelona are organising their first boot camp. I love what they do. Even though I am yet to attend. I want to go. I really do. At least that’s what I keep telling myself. But I might go along to this just for the evening activities. But somehow I don’t think that’s allowed.
Anyway, read what the guys at Beach Fit have to say about it… Read the rest of this article…
“Like most people who have written this, my day would be pretty crammed full but I start early so I should be able to fit it all in without stretching the imagination too far…
First of all I would be up before dawn to run down to the beach to take the early morning Beach Fit Barcelona training session. The run takes me through the Arc de Triomf and the Parc de la Ciutadella in the crisp of the early morning and is one of the only times when this vibrant city is quiet and empty.
Beach Fit Barcelona
Beach Fitness Barcelona is all about having fun whilst getting fit outdoors – away from the stuffiness and routine of the gym. Every session is different which keeps it interesting and we mix up the circuits, strength work and running with team games and exercises. It is my absolute perfect way to start the day, and at this time of year we also get to see the most stunning sun-rises over the Mediterranean. Read the rest of this article…